[Pikes-peak-pm] restarting PPPM...?

Ed Loehr pppm at bluepolka.net
Wed Sep 16 13:48:48 PDT 2009

[resent from PPPM-subscribed email address...]

Hey y'all,

I'm interested in reviving this group somewhat to meet over a
weekday lunch, perhaps monthly, in N. Colorado Springs or
Monument area.  Ideal meeting location for me is Baptist Road
area (Chili's, etc), but I will drive as far south as Woodmen
area or as far north as the El Paso county line, Monument, etc.

My thought is it'd be fun to start some new friendships, business
connections, and learn about what other people are doing with
perl in a casual, respectful, collegial setting.  I work out of a
basement office, don't get out enough(!), and I've often had need
for perl development help but without local contacts.  Just lunch
and casual chit-chat would be good... and/or perhaps taking turns
volunteering for a simple presentation of something perl'ish one
has been working on would be informative.  It'd be nice to find a
place that would support overhead projections from a laptop, but
low-tech works, too.

A little about me... I run a software consultancy based in
CoSprings (LoehrTech.com).  I grew up in CA/NM, went to HS in NM,
then Eastern NM Univ (Portales, NM) then CU-Boulder, worked in
Boulder, then Austin, TX for 6 years, mostly high-tech startups,
and have been in CoSprings for ~8 years now.  I've been in
software industry for ~20 years now, doing perl'ish stuff for ~15
years, busy raising 7 amazing kids with my lovely wife of 24yrs,
I ride a road bicyle, play the guitar occasionally, like college
football, hiking/camping/fishing, playing with my kids.

Let me know if you're still interested, and we'll just start!

Cheers,
Ed