[Pikes-peak-pm] FW: Pikes-peak-pm Digest, Vol 58, Issue 1

Dusty Wilson dusty at hey.nu
Fri Sep 11 05:16:35 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Cindy Teel & Doug Baker
<cfdbaker at qwest.net> wrote:
> I found the group, actually the web site, about two years ago and tried to
> make contact only to find that nothing was happening. I live in Colorado
> Springs. Sigh.

It looks like just about all of the nearby PM groups are dead as well.
 "Nearby" meaning any PM group in a state bordering Kansas.  The only
PM group in Kansas has a site that says "coming soon".  I have a
feeling it's been like that for awhile.

> What I have observed is an apparent automated site which periodically
> forwards O'Reilly Press articles, the address must be on an O'Reilly distro.
> Maybe you received a direct from others, as from me.

I did get an email from John Evans basically saying that PPPM is dead.
 This is unfortunate.  I'd love to get together with some Perl people
in a physical setting.  It doesn't really sound like that is possible
around here.  Too bad!  If anyone wants to get together some time, let
me know and I'd be interested in driving out there for a lunch or
dinner thing with a few people.

Dusty