[Pikes-peak-pm] status: pikes-peak-pm users group

Tim Chambers timc+perl at divide.net
Mon May 26 16:52:48 PDT 2008

Hi Doug,

Since you wrote to the list
<http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/pikes-peak-pm/2008-May/000906.html> I
thought I'd take the opportunity to remind all 48 subscribers
<http://mail.pm.org/mailman/roster/pikes-peak-pm> of the status of this
users group.

I took a job in Fort Collins five years ago and stepped down as leader.
John Evans took over and organized monthly lunches for a while, but in
January, 2004 he said he was working in Denver
<http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/pikes-peak-pm/2004-January/000783.html>. I
reviewed the archives <http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/pikes-peak-pm/>, and
we haven't had very much mailing list traffic since then. If the mailing
list records are correct, this group has been dormant for over four years.

I still work for HP (see <http://alum.mit.edu/www/tbc/pro/bio.htm>), but
I'm working from my home in Monument the next three weeks. So let me
take this opportunity to ask if anyone wants to organize something.
Lunches have been our tradition, but evening meetings are more in line
with what other user groups do. I'm still a big Perl fan, so you can
count me in for whatever gets organized in the first half of June.
Things get busy for me after that.

--
  Tim Chambers
  Founder