PPPM

Mike Hansen mhansen at cso.atmel.com
Tue Sep 9 10:12:58 CDT 2003

see below...

David R. Waddell wrote:

> All,
> I also attended the PIZZA meeting and agree. However, I think we need to
> get a critical mass of people attending before we can start having
> presentations. Hardly seems worth the time to spend a few hours
> preparing a presentation if only two people will be there. If we
> can get more people in the evening and by inviting other Open Source
> Programmers then maybe we can reach critical mass. How can we
> find the other open source programmers in the Pikes Peak region?

SPAM the newsgroups! Hourly messages posted to usenet newsgroups for the
major languages. =)
Seriously, maybe just a message posted on the newsgroups for the major
languages, and maybe a message sent to a mail list too. Are the
magazines Peak Computing and Computer Edge still around? Didn't one of
them have a listing of user groups in the region?

> Eating food is something we all have to take time out for, so I think at
> least that part of the current system should stay the same!

Maybe having a monthly dinner instead of a hard to time lunch? There
might need to be something more than dinner to entice us reclusive geeks
to come out in public. =)

Mike