PPPM

Mike Hansen mhansen at cso.atmel.com
Thu Sep 4 11:22:35 CDT 2003

Has anyone thought about expanding the group to all open source
languages? Something like the Pikes Peak Open Source Programmers or
[insert your clever acronym but not one of those recursive acronym
thangs because they annoy me. ]? I'd think that those who use Perl, PHP,
Python, Ruby(there's gotta be one in Colorado Springs), and ??? would
like to meet.

I used to be in a [proprietary two initial programming language] user
group when I lived in Englewood. There was regular meetings once a month
at night and a monthly lab. The monthly meeting usually covered some
news, followed by a presentation(a author plugging a book, a
knowledgeable user, a trainer, or a vendor showing off their product),
then a 30 minute break to "network"/chat, closing with some Q&A and
maybe a drawing for some geek goodies(T-shirts, software, books...). The
lab was some hands on stuff  usually demonstrated/explained by a
knowledgeable user.

Maybe the Pikes Peak Open Source Programmers could incorporate some of
these things into a monthly meeting at night. Would that generate more
interest? Some of this was discussed at the last HUGE PPPM lunch where I
made up 1/3 of the participants.(You missed out on some good Pizza!)

This brings up a pile of issues/questions that would need to be
discussed if there was interest in this.

What do you think?

Mike