Newsletter from O'Reilly UG Program, June 27

Tim Chambers timc+perl at divide.net
Sun Jun 29 21:31:01 CDT 2003

> O'Reilly Open Source Convention
> Portland Marriott Downtown,
> Portland, OR
> July 7-11, 2003
> http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/

Hi, all. I talked my way into the HP contingent from my lab. Anyone else
going to be there?

> ***Put Up an O'Reilly ThinkGeek Banner, Get A Free Book
> We are looking for user groups to display our ThinkGeek banners on
> their web sites. If you send me the link to your user group site with
> one of our O'Reilly ThinkGeek banners, I will send you the O'Reilly
> book of your choice.
>
> O'Reilly ThinkGeek Banners:
> http://ug.oreilly.com/banners/thinkgeek/

Here's the deal. We need to coordinate as a group now. Daniel (SoloCDM) is
now maintaining the group Web site. He needs to put up the banner. After
it's on our site, I can write to our O'Reilly contact to request a book. I
need a book to request. You'll get first dibs. (Our distributed library has
worked alright -- so far, no complaints.)

Ball's in your court.

<>< Tim