lunch this thursday, volunteers

Tim Chambers timc+perl at divide.net
Mon Jun 2 13:14:26 CDT 2003

Last month, Dave Waddell wrote to suggest this:

> King's Chef Diner, 110 E Costilla St., 634-9135. King's Chef is
> a 13-seat custom Valentine Diner built in 1956 with additional
> outdoor patio seating. King's Chef has been awarded Best Diner
> in Colorado Springs Co., Best Green Chili in Colorado Springs,
> Best Diner West of the Mississippi and Best Diner in America.

So that's where we'll be this Thursday at 11:30.

I only got two replies from volunteers:

John Evans <jtevans at kilnar.com> offered to be group leader.
http://jtevans.kilnar.com/

Daniel Munden <deedsmis at aculink.net> offered to be webmaster.

As I continue to emphasize, our group is not very formal. I would appreciate
any feedback from list members about these developments.

Furthermore, I want to offer special encouragement for all perl mongers to
get out for lunch together this month. This will be my last chance to meet
local perl mongers for a while. Now that I am once again employed, I will
buy lunch for three lucky lurkers. This offer is extended to the first three
who notify me. To be eligible you must be on this mailing list and this must
be your first time to our Perl lunch. You are eligible even if you're not
technically a lurker on the list (that is, having sent one or more messages
to the list does NOT disqualify you).

As an added incentive to attend, I'll be demoing totally unplugged Internet
access using my new Treo 300 plugged into my laptop. I like it so much, I
plan to dump my home land line!

There are about 15 people I don't recognize as having been to any Perl
lunches. Not bad out of a list of 40. Some loyal perl mongers stay on the
list or have joined even though they don't live close enough to attend.

So let the race to the reply button begin!

<>< Tim
719.210.7327 (note new number -- call me here anytime)