How bad can tech get?

Tim Chambers japh at cos.agilent.com
Mon Sep 30 18:05:44 CDT 2002

Fellow Perl Mongers,

To encourage discussion this week, I thought I'd direct your attention to a
Kuro5hin story I wrote: "Whither tech future?"
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/8/19/54354/3995

I wrote it last month. I talk about the tech future. I say it looks
disappointing, at least for the next 10 years when compared with the past
10.

I'd also like to point out a few comments I made:

"on second thought, it's an economic phenomenon"
http://www.kuro5hin.org/comments/2002/8/19/54354/3995/147#147

"fuel cells"
http://www.kuro5hin.org/comments/2002/8/19/54354/3995/148#148

"a second look at Batelle's predictions"
http://www.kuro5hin.org/comments/2002/8/19/54354/3995/149#149

"pebble bed nuclear reactors"
http://www.kuro5hin.org/comments/2002/8/19/54354/3995/150#150

I encourage you to contribute to the discussion at Kuro5hin, but if you want
to take it offline to discuss just among the PPPM, visit this link:
http://www.quicktopic.com/16/H/cyYwiF5SkEJ

<>< Tim