PHP and Apache win32?

Steve Smythe ssmythe at docent.com
Mon Jan 14 09:15:20 CST 2002

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the responses!  (I realize this is a PHP question and
not a Perl question.  I knew many folks are multi-lingual on this
list and hoped for the best.  No offense intended.  Really!  :-)

I tried the PHPtriad release and the MySQL didn't even work out of the
box.  However, the configuration for PHP did work.  Below is an included
configuration file for Apache that works for PHP.  The basic setup I'm
running now is: Apache 1.3, PHP 4.11, and MySQL 3.23.46.

Apache installed at c:\apache
PHP installed at c:\apache\php
MySQL installed at c:\mysql

I append the following line to the end of httpd.conf:

Include c:/apache/conf/php-apache.conf

The included file contents are:

#
# Apache config for PHP:
#

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html
    DirectoryIndex index.htm
    DirectoryIndex index.php
    DirectoryIndex index.php3
    DirectoryIndex default.html
    DirectoryIndex default.htm
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_alias.c>
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "c:/apache/cgi-bin/"
    ScriptAlias /php/ "c:/apache/php/"
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
</IfModule>

Action application/x-httpd-php /php/php.exe

Thanks again!  I really appreciate it!

Steve