Perl lunch this Thursday

Tim Chambers japh at cos.agilent.com
Tue Apr 30 17:43:22 CDT 2002

[Forwarded for Ken Scott, who's subscribed as kscott-list at pcisys.net but
sent this from kscott at pcisys.net. - tbc]

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 pwdrhound at pcisys.net wrote:

> > Mark your calendars now.
> >
> > WHAT: monthly Pikes Peak Perl Mongers lunch
> > WHERE: TBD
> > WHEN: Thursday, 5/2, at 11:30
> > WHY: food and geekly conversation
> >
> > Any suggestions for where to meet?
>
> Well, I just got a letter that McKinzey-White is closing their doors. The
letter
> was actually an invitation to the pre-closing sale. That sale starts
Thursday.
> Anyone else get this invitation? I was thinking of going there Thursday at
> lunch. Is there anywhere close and fast that would allow maximum browsing
time?

There is a Subway, Le Peep (not fast, probably not cheap) and a bagel
place in the same shopping center. There is a Chipotle just up GoG Blvd
from them.

> Anyone else interested? The downside (besides the loss of a great
bookstore)
is
> the invitation is good for me and only one guest. So unless more of you
got
the
> invitation, this would not be a good option.
>
> Just a thought.

Sounds like an idea to me. I'll check my mail tonight for a card (I've
been on the mailing list for the annual sales, so I should have it).

I'm bummed that they are closing. Never been the same since they moved out
on Centennial though.

Ken

--
<><   Ken Scott   kscott at pcisys.net   http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

              This is the day that the Lord has made;
              I will rejoice and be glad in it!          -- Psalm 118:24