Hello From California!

Keary Suska aksuska at webflyer.com
Tue Sep 18 20:50:06 CDT 2001

Pretty straightforward, if the whole output is as consistent as the sample.

while( <> ) {
  next if /^$/;     # skipping blank lines
  if( m|^Change \d+ on [0-9/]+ by| ) {
    $change = $_;   # cache line
    next;   # skip to next line
  }
  elsif( @bugs = /BUG(\d{5})/g ) {
    foreach $bug ( @bugs ) {
      $entry{$bug} = $change;
    }
  }
}

This code assumes that you may have one change apply to multiple bugs, but
not visa versa. You would need a more complicated data structure for that.
Once you have the data, you can do whatever you want with it.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.