perl -> ssh?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Sep 10 16:21:23 CDT 2001

  I'm working on a script and in the pre-planning process hit some walls.
I can do a "ssh $host cat /etc/hosts" and read the input into an array.  I
then want to modify the array and write /etc/hosts back out on $host.

  What's a good way to do this?

print @Array `ssh host > /etc/hosts` doesn't seem a good idea or to work
for that matter.

Thoughts?