Perl lunch this Thursday

Tim Chambers tbchambers at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 13:00:52 CDT 2001

It's that time again. We all had a great time last month at Jack Quinn's. So
where do you want to eat this month? I'd especially like to hear from the
"lurking" members. I count 35 unique individuals on the mailing list, but I
don't recognize most of the addresses.

So please consider making this your first Perl lunch. The geekly
conversation at these lunches is top rate. :-) Mark your calendar for this
Thursday, 11:30 to 1:00.

And please reply to all by tomorrow at 4:00 with suggestions for where to
meet.

<>< Tim
Pikes Peak Perl Mongers http://pikes-peak.pm.org/

P.S. I'll also throw out this idea. Another lunch group I belong to uses the
idea of "lunch czar." Someone is designated to make the final decision. They
can use consensus or decree. But it clarifies who makes the decision and
simplifies the "Where do you want to eat? I don't know, where do YOU want to
eat?" exchanges. I've been the sole lunch czar for the PPPM up to now. How
do others feel about rotating this role?