Signals?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Mar 28 16:02:36 CST 2001

hmm, I'm working a script and getting this:

No such signal: SIG17 at /usr/local/bin/encodeit line 118, <CONFIG_IN> line 5 (#1)

    (W signal) You specified a signal name as a subscript to %SIG that was not recognized.
    Say kill -l in your shell to see the valid signal names on your system.

Signal 17 is:
  kill -l
17   CHLD Child exited

The line in my script is:

$SIG{"17"} = \&REAPER;

I've tried
$SIG{"CHLD"} = \&REAPER;

and a few other combinations but they all say no such signal.

Anyone?

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!