use lib

John Hundley johnh at fgm.com
Fri Jun 15 13:39:08 CDT 2001

Hi,
Does anyone know how to send an array to use lib?  Here is what I am trying
to do: I have a given directory tree containing perl packages but I don't
know where it will be installed.  Also at the bottom of the tree there are
directories containing perl packages that may or may not be there at install
time.  I will have an environment variable set called INSTALL_DIR that will
tell me where I am starting from.  Forgive me I am just learning perl but
basically here is what I think the code should look like:

$INSTALL_DIR=$ENV{INSTALL_DIR};
@dirs = ("$INSTALL_DIR/install", "$INSTALL_DIR/install/sql",
"$INSTALL_DIR/install/sql/ORACLE", "$INSTALL_DIR/install/sql/SYBASE",
"$INSTALL_DIR/install/sql/INFORMIX");
@valid_dirs= [];
foreach $dir (@dirs){
	if (-d $dir){
		push @valid_dirs, $dir;
	}
}
use lib @valid_dirs;  #this is not working

I have tried every way I can think of to pass the array into lib and nothing
works. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
John Hundley