Perl and setuid

John Evans evansj at kilnar.com
Tue Jun 5 12:57:30 CDT 2001

Greetings,
	I am trying to get a Perl script to run as a CGI under Apache
1.3.19 with suid privilages. The script that I am running is cvsweb (for
those of you that are familiar with it.)
	The reason that I want to use suid, is that I don't want to have
to make my $CVSROOT world read/write so that cvsweb (running as nobody via
Apache) can access the files. I would like to retain the current
permissions on the $CVSROOT, but allow cvsweb to read the files and write
to the history if needed. The only way that I know how to do this is via
setuid.
	I have done "chmod 6755" on the script, but it still appears to be
running with the permissions of the nobody account. Is there something
that needs to be done in the Perl script itself to make the setuid work
properly?

Thanks.

--
John Evans