new name for takeitoffline.com

Keary Suska aksuska at webflyer.com
Wed Jul 18 12:08:03 CDT 2001

http://takeitoffline.com/1/H/NuLK8Ll3CxritWqkut7 worked for me. The reason
that the IP is not working is likely because they are using name-based
virtual hosting, with probably some back-end URL rewriting to support it. A
browser that is not HTTP 1.1 compliant would not be able to access the site
in any case, and it seems that the hosting company does not have an adequate
server configuration to support non-compliant browsers. I recall that there
were some versions of IE4 that had broken 1.1 support so most Apache
configurations force them to use 1.0.

>> I'm not able to find takeitoffline.  Actually, my browser can't find it. I'm
>> behind a firewall, but not a filtered one.  Do you have any idea why I can't
>> reach the site?  Do you have a numeric IP for it in case it has something to
>> do with my DNS server?

If the browser is unable to resolve the domain (IE usually gives some kind
of message like "server not found"), it is a problem with your DNS. If it
can resolve the domain but cannot connect, it is likely an inter-network
problem since HTTP is a single socket protocol, client initiated. Hence
access to any web site outside of the firewall means access to every site.
Except that some firewall configurations block SSL connections, but that
wouldn't be the case here.

Keary Suska
(719) 473-6431
(719) 649-6736 (mobile)