Monitoring servers

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Aug 13 14:34:36 CDT 2001

I'm looking at a script that'll be run once a day or so, connect to them
and get uptime, users, etc.

I was hoping to just run a "rup" against them but the output seems a bit
fishy.  While wondering I was thinking there might be a perl module that'll
querey a whod or the like, but I can't seem to find one.

Other than writing my own daemon to put on each server and give the info
I want to a client that connects, does anyone have any good suggestions?
I can't seem to find any modules that would be very useful.

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: