free book!

Vance Dubberly vance at fimcolorado.com
Mon Jun 26 14:22:50 CDT 2000

To bad I just bought them both! I'm halfway through each and they are great
books!

on 6/26/00 10:37 AM, Tim Chambers at tbc at netbox.com wrote:

> Dear fellow Perl Mongers,
>
> O'Reilly sent me a free book. Actually, they sent me two, but the other one,
> JAVA AND XML, is already spoken for. (Ken, let me know how to get this to
> you.)
>
> So anyway, they sent me this book: LEARNING JAVA
>
> There are now 21 members on the mailing list. (BTW, welcome our newest
> member, Keary Suska. At least, that's what Google turned up for a name:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=aksuska@insideflyer.com.) So what would the
> group like to do with the book? Our liaison with O'Reilly, Denise Olliffe,
> says, "You are welcome to use the book for whatever purpose suits your
> groups needs best - whether that be for your library (if you have one),
> give-away, or simply to pass around. We don't have any specific
> expectations, however we
> obviously love reviews of our books for many reasons."
>
> Ken already volunteered to review JAVA AND XML. His interest was what got
> the shipment started. I don't know why they sent me LEARNING JAVA, but
> should we complain? :-)
>
> I don't look forward to adding more structure to our little group, so let's
> see if the twenty-one of us can work this out via e-mail. I will take a
> non-reply as a "don't care." The final decision will be announced at our
> next lunch. (Which is coming up next week, BTW: Thursday, July 6th.)
>
> My opinion: If someone reviews the book, they can keep it (if they want it
> :-). Otherwise, it belongs to the PPPM library. I'll note its existence and
> its location on our Web site. It's available for loan from me.
>
> Other ideas?
>
> Remember to reply to all.
>
> <>< Tim
> Founder, Pikes Peak Perl Mongers <http://pikes-peak.pm.org/>
> http://www.netbox.com/tbc/hacks/ (my home page for hacks)
> http://www.netbox.com/tbc/ (my personal home page)

Free summer fun is waiting for you today at http://ColoradoSprings.com your
local homepage!
You could win a chance to win a brand new $30,000 car of your choice, a
catered Sky Sox sky box, concerts at the Pikes Peak Center, Indy and NASCAR
racing at PPIR in a luxury suite, a brand new BBQ gas grill, special summer
romance packages from jewelry to wine, family picnic baskets, or free passes
to local attractions!
Register today at http://ColoradoSprings.com your local homepage!  The more
you log on... the better your chances of winning!

Vance Dubberly
Director of Applications Development
Freedom Interactive Media of Colorado, Inc.
219 West Colorado Ave., Suite 204
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
719.577.4848 x106 phone
719.577.4420 fax
http://ColoradoSprings.com
http://Gazette.com
http://WOWMarketing.com

ColoradoSprings.com includes AUTOfinder, BUSINESSfinder, Digital Village,
Get it All Mall, HOMEfinder, PEAKlinks.com and  WorkAvenue.  Great places to
shop and find local information!