Greetings & stuff

Scott F. Comstock kreldon at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 6 23:21:48 CDT 2000

Howdy folks.

I'm new to the Pikes Peak area (and Colorado in general), having recently
relocated from upstate New York to take a contract Perl job with
MCI/Worldcom.  I first learned Perl as a freshman in college (Clarkson
University in Potsdam, NY, where I graduated 1-1/2 months ago), and have
been using it for CGI development since.  Some of the scripts I
wrote/maintained are still in use on the university's web site.

I'm glad to see that there's a Perlmongers group in the area;
unfortunately, in college, there were not many people to share code or swap
stories with despite Perl's use in a number of popular web development
classes.  I hope I can see you all at future meetings, as I was unable to
make it to today's gathering.

-Scott