Manning Book for Beginner Programmers

Tim Chambers tbc at netbox.com
Thu Feb 17 17:39:39 CST 2000

Perl Mongers,

If you remember, we have an offer to receive a free Perl book from
http://www.manning.com. Enclosed is a draft of my reply on behalf of the
book. Please reply with comments. I'd like to send this out tomorrow
afternoon. I'm putting in for the book Bryan nominated (he was the only one
who expressed an opinion), so if you want a different one, vote early and
vote often. :-)

Thanks,

<>< Tim
http://www.divide.net/tbc/hacks/index.html

------
To: Helen Trimes

Helen,

I visited your Web site. Our local Perl group had our monthly meeting two
weeks ago, and I just closed off comments today. We agreed that we are
interested in your offer of a free book. I hope it's not too late. The book
we'd like is OBJECT ORIENTED PERL by Damian Conway.

>I would appreciate any information you can pass along to
>me, such as which schools to contact and, if possible, instructors'
>names, addresses and phone or email. I am planning to communicate with
>these individuals either by mail or email.

Dr. Jugal Kalita at CU-Springs (http://cs.uccs.edu/~kalita/) teaches Perl.

Dr. Edward Chow at CU-Springs (http://cs.uccs.edu/~chow/) is another
suggestion from a PPPM member.

I sent e-mail to the CS department head at Colorado Technical University
(http://www.colotechu.edu/) but didn't get a reply.

We have other institutions nearby, but no personal contacts:

Regis University
(http://www.regis.edu/about/campuslocation.asp?mj=1&mi=5#COSpringsmap) --
they have Comp Sci programs, but I couldn't find department information
specifically for the Colorado Springs campus

Colorado College Computer Science dept.
(http://www.coloradocollege.edu/Dept/MA/Scomsci.html)

the University of Southern Colorado Computer Information Systems department
is in Pueblo (the city south of Colorado Springs)
(http://www.uscolo.edu/cis/)

Sincerely,

Tim Chambers, on behalf of Pikes Peak Perl Mongers
http://pikes-peak.pm.org/