Excel -> CVS

John Evans evansj at kilnar.com
Tue Feb 8 13:52:41 CST 2000

Hiya,
	We're getting a "database" emailed to us once a week that is in
Excel spreadsheet. Yeah, yeah... I know it's not a database, but try
telling that to the sales gal on the other end...

	Anyway, the data is to be used for a web application that is to be
written in Perl. Anyone know of any modules that can read from Excel
spreadsheets directly? If not, is there a way to convert the Excel
spreadsheet to a comma-delimited file (CVS) or some othe format that is
readable by Perl other than by manually opening the file and doing a "File
| Save as..."?

	I'm really flexible on what the end solution will be so long as I
can feed the Excel spreadsheet to some program[1] that will produce
results that a Perl script can access so that I don't have to manually
convert the Excel spreadsheet every week.

[1] The conversion program can be written in Perl, C, C++ or Java for all
I care.

Mucho Gracias!

--
  .-.   John Evans <mailto:evansj at kilnar.com>