REMINDER: lunch today

John Evans evansj at kilnar.com
Wed Feb 2 15:52:22 CST 2000

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Michael J. Barillier wrote:

> I should have remembered that the company I'm working for has their
> staff meeting on Wednesdays and the meetings invariably run long.
> It's 1:10, and after a 3-hour status/design meeting I either need
> lunch or several beers.  (Let's see a show of hands of those who have
> worked on projects where design/interface changes are made less than a
> month before software is scheduled to be released, and that release
> date has been met ... anyone?)

Oi! Tough break....

I just got handed the same thing... well.. almost the same thing. Some
marketing genius somewhere decided that we need a whole new look/feel on
our new site that we are launching on Friday... However, they don't quite
know what they want the look/feel to be, but they do know that the
deadline can't slip.

Ahh... The joys of being an engineer. At least we have Dilbert to cheer us
up!

--
  .-.   John Evans <mailto:evansj at kilnar.com>
  /v\   http://evansj.kilnar.com/  telnet://spear.kilnar.com:1066/