MIME encoded attachments

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.com
Wed Aug 9 16:34:07 CDT 2000

> Any input or insight would be great.

We use the MIME::Tools and they work quite well.  Our biggest problems
have been associated with using IO::Scalar.  We don't use intermediate
files in our server.  Make sure you have the latest versions of IO::Scalar
and MIME::Tools.

Another problem we have found is that people don't write compliant emails.
For example, some sites generate emails without a closing boundary.  Our
users, use our service to forward emails from their brokers.  Some are
pretty bad MIME implementations.  We try to get them to change, but...
This led us to hacking the MIME implementation to be a bit more flexible
with what it accepts.

If you know your email source is compliant, MIME::Tools should work great
out of the box.

Rob