MIME encoded attachments

John Evans evansj at kilnar.com
Wed Aug 9 14:04:18 CDT 2000

I finally talked my boss into letting me do a little Perl for a large
project. It's a small bit, but at least it's a start. Anyway...

What I'm doing is using Mail::POP3Client to log into a POP3 server and
slurp off emails with attachments. Those attachments are MIME encoded so I
figure I'll use the MIME::Tools modules to decode the attachments.

The documentation (perldoc) is pretty convoluted (is MIME really that
complex?) and I was wondering if anyone had other documentation that they
could refer me to for MIME stuff or if they had done something like this
themselves.

Any input or insight would be great.

Thanks!

--