[Phoenix-pm] ???

Scott Walters scott at slowass.net
Mon Dec 21 11:41:19 PST 2009

Back when Perl Mongers groups were strong and active, that was the
best way to be exposed to things in the Perl camp.  People there had
time to answer your questions and you could compare notes with other
people in the same place as yourself.  That's not true any more.  If
there were a PM meeting, you'd probably be the only person in the
process of learning Perl.  The people who presented and helped teach
are long gone.  What's left, besides books, is discussion on
perlmonks.org, news and articles on perlbuzz.com, chat on IRC, and
those.  I should probably update the website to reflect this
situation.  If you possibily can, go to events like YAPC and Perl
Workshops.  Frozen Perl in MN is coming up.

Cheers,
-scott