[Phoenix-pm] Wednesdays 7pm: Gangplank for pizza, code, video games, presentations, chat

Scott Walters scott at slowass.net
Mon Aug 18 00:01:27 PDT 2008

What more could you possibly want?  Beer?  Yeah, sometimes after
wards.  You can't drink and play Rock Band at the same time anyway.
Or maybe you can.   If so, I wanna see.

I've updated the Wiki (and fixed the Wiki *) with details:
http://phoenix.pm.org/wiki/wiki.cgi?PerlCalendar

More information at http://gangplankhq.com.

This is a cross-discipline gathering.  There are graphic designers,
lots of Ruby programmers, bloggers, podcasters, general Internet
whores... the turn out has been good, on the order of 20 or 30 people,
and the presentations are good.  It's supposed to be a kind of
hackfest and some people still treat it as such but mostly it has
degenerated into a social.

Please post to the list if you can make it to encourage other Perlers
to come out.  I'm planning to make it and have been going pretty
regularalaraly.  *cough, sputter*

Cheers,
-scott

* ... Brock upgraded Perl to 5.10.0 which apparently took print out of
the allowed operations mask for :default for "use ops", and the
re-captcha server changed address.  So, the Wiki was out for a while.