[Phoenix-pm] Meeting Announcement - Wed March 14, 2007 @ 7:00pm

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Fri Mar 2 16:14:55 PST 2007

Greetings Fellow Perl Addicts,

Inspired by Tony's good example (hosting a social meetup, which is
taking place tomorrow (see his previous email for details)), and prodded
by Scott and Jon, it seems to be about time to have a Phoenix.PM
meeting. We were up in Scottsdale last time, so I'm shooting for Tempe
this time.

     Time: Wednesday 14 March 2007 7:00pm-9:00pm
 Location: Mill's End Cafe, Tempe, AZ
           http://maps.google.com/maps?q=310+S+Mill+Ave+tempe,+az
           North-West corner of Mill and 3rd (N of University Ave) in Tempe
           Parking off of 3rd (free with validation)
    Topic: News in the Perl World (Brock)
           Level I topic: TBA
           Level II topic: TBA
    Other: Free wireless, bring your laptops!

I was thinking that a good level I topic (beginner/intermediate) would
be closures (anonymous subroutines). But if that is too much another
great one would be showing off that 10-line program you whipped together
in an hour that you can't live without (mine is my mp3 player). And
there are all sorts of advanced topics... topic leader volunteers,
unveil yourselves!

I'm also dragging in some fresh blood (Mike and maybe Brian from my
work)... and I encourage y'all to do the same :)

So lets hear those topic ideas, so I can then cross post this all over
the interweb.

--Brock