[Phoenix-pm] Andy Lester coming just to speak for us! Vote on the presentation topic

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Tue Jan 30 08:55:35 PST 2007

Hi everyone,

We basically have enough pledges (thanks for everyone who pledged!), so we're
going to do this thing.  We're flying out author, speaker, and long time Perl
hacker and advocate, Andy Lester.

Andy asked what he should speak on, and I'm defering that to the group at large.
Here are some starting points.  If you happen to know of something else you
suspect Andy would speak on, feel free to add to the list.

1. Pragmatic Job Hunting (from the title of his in-progress book)
2. Get out of Technical Debt Now!
3. SocialText (technical goodies relating to his current employer/project)
4. Preventing Crisis: Project Estimation And Tracking That Works
   (a talk he's previous done)
5. WWW::Mechanize (field stories, examples, behind the scenes)
   (Andy created this well-known module)
6. Pro Perl Debugging
   (talk on the subject of his previous Perl book)

Every vote counts, so speak up!

Cheers,