[Phoenix-pm] perl eval and the No Execute chips

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Tue Sep 12 22:32:51 PDT 2006

Great question! Perl, as it is now, wouldn't be effected at all as far
as I know. Though it makes me wonder about loaded modules...

So here's the trick. If this is a general purpose processor that could
run an OS such as linux, then you have to allow dynamically linked
libraries. If you allow dynamically linked libraries, then you can
effectively change the program at run-time (if nothing else you can
re-compile a changed version of the program, dynamically load it, and
then transfer control).

But that's a bit of a side track. Really, let's expand the question to
this -- How does "eval" work?

I think I smell a meeting topic...

--Brock