[Phoenix-pm] Meeting Announcement :)

Scott Walters scott at slowass.net
Mon Oct 30 11:18:12 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

Two things...

I need a graphical artist who doesn't suck.  The work is a series
of miscellaneous things.  So, what's a good board or site to go to
to shop for graphic designers?

CodeCamp -- nicely done.  Very low fuss.  Speakers don't even
have to check in.  Someone steps into your talk part way
through to make sure you're there, apparently, and takes some
photos.  No cost.  Nice turnout for a local thing... probably
a few hundred people there.  UACT doesn't exactly have a
campus, but it's very nicely appointed.  They have a computer
lab in a depression in the floor which was is nice for eatting
lunch and playing with your laptop or hanging out, and they
have various game systems hooked up to TVs, and bright, modern
data projectors, and good classroom space.  Talks were good
all in all with a few great ones in there.  The 'Why Your
User Interface Sucks' was a hoot.  Various users groups
descended upon it.  The Microsoft weenies were everywhere,
but PLUG (Phoenix Linux Users Group) had an all day install-fest
going.  I meant to swing by and rub elbows but never quite
got around to it.  There were three Perl talks, as you know,
but when the audiance was asked if there were any Perl users
in the UI talk, about 30 hands went up, so the Perlers were
around.

-scott