[Phoenix-pm] Only 24 slots for presenters remain at Desert CodeCamp

Lorin Thwaits lthwaits at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 08:21:39 PDT 2006

We're nearing capacity for the sessions at Desert Code Camp, having 40 confirmed so far.  Just 24 spaces remain for those interested in presenting about their favorite technology.  Once we reach 64 confirmed sessions, our major advertising blitz to fill up the RSVP slots for attendees will begin.

In terms of Perl content, we have only the dynamic Chris Berber talking about Catalyst.  If anyone is interested in presenting another Perl-centric one, please get set up on the site:

http://desertcodecamp.com

All you have to do is suggest a track or session using the textboxes at the right, and then sign up to teach a session by clicking the blue "I can teach this!" link that appears on all suggested sessions.

Every classroom has a projector, Internet connection, and whiteboard.  So all you have to worry about is preparing great content.

At this point other open source content includes a fun Java presentation about the Eclipse Web Tools project, a whopping six Ruby on Rails presentations, an intro to MySQL, and a neat-O thing on Subversion presented by Wendy Smoak.  Don't let this be the only OSS at this camp.

Thanks so much for your technical contributions!

-Lorin