[Phoenix-pm] June Meeting - Phoenix BSD Users Group - Tomorrow!

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 5 19:52:53 PDT 2006

Dang, wish I could go.

My company uses Nagios for site monitoring and it works
fantastically. It can even be setup to perform actions when a monitor
fails -- and not just emailing someone, too. We have it set to
automatically restart sites when memory gets low, so no one has to be
paged. (It runs a perl script to do that, of course!)

If only it were a bit easier to configure...

-- Mike

On Jun 5, 2006, at 5:07 PM, Darrin Chandler wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Tomorrow evening, June 6th at 7PM, the Phoenix BSD Users Group will
> meet at the Plaid Eatery. This month's presentation, by Marco, is
> System
> Monitoring with Nagios, Nut, and friends. Map link, etc. at
> http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
>
> Join us for the presentation, talk, food, drink and free Wifi. I
> hope to
> see you there!
>
> --
> Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD Users Group
> dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
> http://www.stilyagin.com/  |

Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>