[Phoenix-pm] 5 of 18: Commit your $20 to fly in a speaker, you vacationing losers

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Mon Jul 3 13:55:01 PDT 2006

On  0, "Oyler, Nathan" <nathan.oyler at sap.com> wrote:
> Hey, I was there. An update... Hrm....
>
> The food at the cafeteria was terrible!!!

Holy crap!  I'm convinced they were so hell bent on serving non-solid food
because they wanted to water down everything until it was thin enough to
swim in, then congealed it again with corn startch.  It's damn hard to
identify your food when its pureed, dilluted, then congealed.  I think
you'd be ripped to shreads if you walked in there with, say, a piece of
pizza.  No one ever said they were going to the cafeteria without immediately
following the declaration with a mournful sigh.  At least the coagulate
they mocked up for The Matrix appeared to have texture, which is more than
I can say for IIT's cafeteria.  I imagine that when IIT dispenses food
from the spigot, it slides right out and nicely fills whatever mould they're
shooting it into.