[Phoenix-pm] phoenix.pm.org update

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Fri Jan 13 03:59:47 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

The Website, http://phoenix.pm.org, is back in CVS. PerlLinks was still
spammy but I fished out a good copy from the old CVS repository.

The Wiki now adds rel="nofollow" to most <a> tags. When I say most, I'm
refering to the fact that a single regex cannot parse HTML, but you'd
have to be at least a little bit clever to defeat it.

But that's not all. Saving pages is now password protected. I'm sick
to death of Wiki spam and there's no diff.cgi on there, and I don't
want to have to remember to police this Wiki besides PerlDesignPatterns.
The password is 'brock2'.

But wait, there's more! http://phoenix.pm.org/rss.cgi is a cheezeball
RSS 0.91 feed that (currently) only tells you when a page was last
edited. Here's how that's useful: if PerlCalendar was recently
edited, someone probably posted a meeting announcement, and you should
pop on over to the site to read it.

If you happen to find spam in the Wiki, please do report it to me.
Make a page for yourself. Update the meeting ideas with requests.
Do something useful with your corpse while you still can.

Cheers,