[Phoenix-pm] Meeting follow-up

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Sat Dec 9 00:51:02 PST 2006

Man, anyone who hasn't been following the Perl Advent Calendar should
at least look at the entry on 'ack'. I read this page and installed
ack immediately on my company's system. I've already had two other
people say it saved them work -- not by doing anything grep can't do
(yet), but by having default settings that make much more sense for
searching through trees of code.

	http://perladvent.pm.org/2006/5/

-- Mike

PS - The Perl Advent Calendar itself is pretty cool too. :-)
	http://perladvent.pm.org/

On Dec 8, 2006, at 10:27 PM, Brock wrote:

> Good meeting on Wednesday, thanks again to SCC for hosting us.
>
> Derek gave us an intro to Unit Testing and showed off some work-
> related
> examples. Also got a peak into his development environment which was
> pretty neat. Mostly a good vim setup and usage, but we also talked
> about
> SVN (and svk/darcs, and mentioned ack).
>
> Derek, send me your slides and I'll put them up on the website.
>
> --Brock

Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>