[Phoenix-pm] Gartner Connections and Richard Dice

Andrew Johnson andypm at exiledplanet.org
Mon Aug 28 01:09:01 PDT 2006

Apparently, "Understanding the True Costs" of open source involves paying
just shy of $1600 to Gartner.  And apparently, you'll get good advice like,
"'By 2010, most IT organizations will have formal Open Source management and
acquisition strategies.'"  Yeah.  OK, _I'll_ give away some understanding
about the true costs of open source:  save $1600 and don't listen to a thing
Gartner says, because they don't understand open source.

[aj]