[Phoenix-pm] In town Sun, Mon

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 8 10:32:06 PDT 2006

It was Bill, Nathan, and I. There was no presentation, but we did
discuss testing a bit, along with the usual social topics: the
history of computers, why Python & Ruby are eating Perl's lunch, Perl
6, how our jobs are difficult, etc.

Steve's Espresso is a great place for a meeting. We were almost the
only people there, they have plenty of tables, free wi-fi, and the
guy at the counter didn't make any attempt to quiet us or tell us to
go away. The background music was nice, *quiet*, and unobtrusive.
There's plenty of free parking, too... unlike Mill's End. ;-)

I wish I'd had more time to see everyone while I was in town, but I
was glad to see Bill again and to meet Nathan. I hope I'll catch the
rest of you another time!

-- Mike

On Aug 8, 2006, at 10:03 AM, Brock wrote:

> On 2006.08.07.14.06, Douglas E. Miles wrote:
> | Michael Friedman wrote:
> |
> | >Well, since it's 5 pm and Scott hasn't responded, I think we should
> | >go ahead with Steve's Espresso at 7 or so, since that was the last
> | >settled plan.
> | >
> | >If Scott comes back and Nathan, Darrin, and Scott decide on
> somewhere
> | >else, someone call my cell phone and let me know. 480-209-9367.
> | >
> | >Otherwise, I'll see anyone at Steve's.
> | >
> | >-- Mike
> | >

> | Sorry I missed you Mike!  Hope you guys had fun.
>

> Hey could y'all give me a run down of the event? How many came, how
> was
> it, etc.
>
> I'm slowly working up a plan for our next meeting!
>
> --Brock

Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>