[Phoenix-pm] [gdt@deru.com: Re: Perl Monger meetings at SCC]

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Tue Oct 25 09:21:57 PDT 2005

As a suggestion, take a tally of people that think they can make it rather
than a tally of people who think they can't. It's always the case that
more people won't be able to make it than will, and experience has shown that
catering to a few who can't make it makes for smaller meetings. We seem
to sometimes have these senarios where Fred can't make it as Wed at 7pm, but
instead asks that the meeting be held on Saturday at 5am in Guadalupe, and
these suggestions are given entirely too much consideration. Anyway, that dumb
example illustrates the fallacy. Also, people who can't make it any random night
are also more likely to not be able to make it on the night they thought they
could, so Fred wouldn't even show up after he got the meeting changed.

-scott