[Phoenix-pm] inside out objects

David A. Sinck phx-pm-list at grueslayer.com
Wed Nov 23 06:05:40 PST 2005

\_ SMTP quoth Michael Friedman on 11/22/2005 22:24 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ http://www.windley.com/archives/2005/08/best_practices.shtml, and other

I can't speak for the book, but I can speak for Windley.  Well, speak
well of him, given I took two of the best ever CS classes at UCDavis
from him.  If Phil likes it, it's nearly got to be good.  :-)

I mean, who else dared instruct on string manipulation (concatenation,
substring, left, ...) with his kid's alpha-blocks?  Or demonstrating
the Towers of Hanoi with that colored-disc-stack/rocker thing?  Or
sorting with a handful of broken spaghetti?  He also had a great sense
of humor (or perhaps tolerance ;-) for smartasses in class:

* sinck comes in late to ecs40h
<windley> The fibonacci series is 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...
<windley> Who can name another never ending series?
<sinck> "The Cosby Show" ?
<windley> heh
<windley> I was thinking of a numeric series....

:-)

David