[Phoenix-pm] Phoenix.pm Status

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Fri Jun 17 10:15:37 PDT 2005

Cool. I'll ask Steph to save us the largest booth.

I've been sitting on a promo copy (ORA sent it to me to review) of
_CGI Programming with Perl_. It's a fantastic book (in my opinion). It
isn't fluffy like most CGI books. It gets down and dirty with the
HTTP model, and how CGI is built on top of that, and still stays
concise. And it's packed with reference tables -- for form
elements, HTTP status codes, SSI tags, CGI.pm stuff, etc, so it's
a great quick reference to keep by your desk while you do CGI stuff,
especially if you're beginning/intermediate. And it teaches good
security practices throughout, something most CGI books completely
miss.

So everyone should come to the meeting because _CGI Programming
with Perl_ is the door prize ;)

-scott