[Phoenix-pm] Meeting yesterday (June 30) wrapup

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Fri Jul 1 10:35:32 PDT 2005

We had a lovely meeting yesterday, with 10 people enjoying dinner and
perl-talk at Nello's Pizza. In addition to random perl-related
conversation, Mike Friedman spoke of HighWire Press [1] and their use of
Perl, and Scott Walters told us about how he does web-scraping (and he
will post code soon we hope :) ).

We'll have the website up soon enough. In the meantime keep an eye out
here for the next meeting topic/time/location, which I will have picked
out within the next two weeks. Please send topic requests and
volunteership here to the list. I like the idea of doing two talks like
we did this time so that we can cover a potentially wider range of
interest and experience.

Have a good (long) weekend!
--Brock

  [1] http://highwire.stanford.edu/