Phoenix.pm: How to display the inheritance tree?

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 22 20:28:43 CST 2004

Folks,

So, here I am in the debugger with a method that isn't getting found
when I know for sure it's in the ISA tree *someplace*. I found the
problem using ->isa() and ->can(), but it just raised the larger issue:

Is there a way to display the entire contents of the inheritance tree,
given a starting class?

I'm guessing it gets checked on-the-fly, so you'd have to walk all the
@ISAs yourself, but is there a better way? Does perl preprocess this
sort of thing and store it somewhere it can be seen?

As I said, I fixed my immediate problem, but now I'm really curious
about this.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-- Mike
Michael Friedman                  HighWire Press, Stanford Southwest
Phone: 480-456-0880                                   Tempe, Arizona
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>