Phoenix.pm: mySQL help

David A. Sinck phx-pm-list at grueslayer.com
Thu Sep 11 22:33:19 CDT 2003

\_ SMTP quoth Kitty on 9/11/2003 18:15 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ It's not a paid project, but I could probably provide beer/Jolt & pizza
\_ on occasion. I still don't want to say what it's for, but it involves a
\_ ad-hoc group dealing with women's issues. I'd like to plan on doing most
\_ of the work, just need someone I can turn to, when I'm stuck.

$hoc += 1;  # ad hoc in perl

update hoc set ad = ad + 1; /* sql */

On a more serious note, there's a strong chance that you can say "I'm
trying to do X with Y and instead of Z I get ABBA.  Why?"  And filter
out the 'sensitive' part(s).  If you're stuffing things in the
database, most things are going to be 'generic' anyway.

It's not uncommon for folks to sterilize what they present to the
public just to keep random people from knowing that the password to
the database is 'souper sekret' and such.

It may be worth the extra effort to sterilize and post to the list
for speedy resolution and varied viewpoints.  Buying a slice of pizza
and a swallow of beer for every good answer might present a challenge
though.  :-)   Perhaps a donation to the perl foundation in the name
of the Phx PM?

Just tossing ideas, discard at will.

David