Phoenix.pm: Tempe/East Vally PerlMongers Approved.

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Sat Nov 15 13:26:24 CST 2003

Hi Chris,

OOOooh, I love Volkswagens bugs. My motorcycle doesn't have air
conditioning either, but atleast I get a good breeze as long
as I don't get stuck in downtown rush hour traffic (in which
case it is pretty miserable).

They tried an IRC meeting once. People drifted in and out and
when they came in, they went idle. I've been playing with
video taping presentations and making audio recordings.
The video capture software and hardwarae is Windows only,
and I've sunk about a week of my life into trying to make the
stuff works. It simply refuses for any clip over 5 minutes.
It takes about an hour of nursing to get 5 minutes captured.
That's on hold until I get something that works under Unix.
I did capture the audio from the second Fuzzy Logic presentation
and put it up as mp3, though, and announced that to the list.
Not many takers. 2 or 3 if memory serves.

I think online virtual meetings/presetnations have some potential
but I haven't found the sweet spot yet, or atleast haven't
attained it. I'm thinking video is the way to go, with
matching HTML slideshow.

-scott