Phoenix.pm: Tempe/East Vally PerlMongers Approved.

Douglas E. Miles doug at phoenixinternet.com
Thu Nov 13 19:53:34 CST 2003

Scott Thompson wrote:

>Ummm... did I join this group at a weird time?  You know, multiple PM's
>"battling" for members? ;)

Hi, this is Doug, leader of Phoenix.pm.  I guess you could say this is a
weird time.  I've been up to my ears in alligators at work, so I've
missed most of the fun.  From where I stand, there is no spoon, I mean,
battle.  :) People can go to whichever group they choose.  I'd rather
see people go to the Tempe group than not be involved at all.

>Whatever the case, I wanted to introduce myself.  While I left my "Hello! My
>Name Is" tag at home, I'll tell you that people usually call me Scott.  When
>they're not PO'd at me.
>
>I've been in Web Development for the past 8 years, and have been singing the
>praises of Perl for CGI (among other uses...) development for years.  Heck,
>I'll even admit in public that I *like* PerlScript under IIS/ASP.
>
>I'll duck after I'm done typing. :)
>
>I recently moved to Arizona, and it's about time I jumped <head> first into
>the local user groups/community.  I'm currently working for a local IT
>company doing *gasp* sales.  It's a startup in *desperate* need of a good
>developer (like myself...) and as soon as the sales staff is built up, I get
>to get back behind a keyboard and do what I love -- pound those keys like a
>rabid monkey and make their systems get up and dance.
>
>So, introductions aside, I'll be crouching over here in the corner avoiding
>over-ripe fruit chunked at my melon for the IIS/ASP comment earlier.
>

>Scott Thompson
>I'll Be Here All Week, Be Sure To Tip Your Waitresses

Welcome to Phoenix! I look forward to seeing you at a meeting sometime.
Who knows, you might even be able to do some networking for your startup. :)