Phoenix.pm: stack backtraces from lockedup programs

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Fri Dec 5 12:38:26 CST 2003

Oooooh, Apache 2. Apache 2 is threaded. You wouldn't beleive the volume
of traffic that the problems related to this are generating...

When this happens, er, when this message appears in the log, is
process 4239 still in the process table? Can you see it? Is
it zombie status, or ready to run, or running (is it a multiple CPU
system?), or what? In other words, is Apache on crack, or is the
process actually hanging? Are the headers correct when you run it
from the command line?

-scott