Phoenix.pm: Playing MIDI with Perl on Windows

Doug Miles doug.miles at bpxinternet.com
Mon Aug 11 12:32:41 CDT 2003

Hey all!

I'm looking for a solution to play MIDI files from Perl on Windows.  I'm
already aware of Win32API::MIDI on CPAN, but it requires Visual C++ to
compile, and I don't have that available.  There are other MIDI modules
on CPAN, but they appear to be concerned with generating/reading/munging
MIDI.  I was wondering if there is a way to do it using Win32::OLE.  I'm
woefully (or blissfully) ignorant of the Windows API, so any ideas are
appreciated.  Thanks!