Phoenix.pm: Perl Design Patterns

Mark Pease Mark.Pease at motorola.com
Mon Sep 9 12:02:34 CDT 2002

Scott Walters wrote:
> Also, I've been meaning to make it down to ASU and pull Mark and Carl's
> book.

If you are making a special trip, I would say "don't bother" :-) The
book is written for Perl 4.036 (Ah... remember when...) and doesn't
cover design patterns (or, even algorithms,) but covers rapid
prototyping, metrics, source control, etc.

Shoot, I still have a copy or two kicking around. Maybe I should raffle
them off (Proceeds to the Perl Foundation, of course!)

> http://www.slowass.net/~phaedrus/perlpatterns/
>
> Feedback, ideas, thoughts, examples of good and bad Perl applications
> most welcome.

I'll give it a gander, and send you some feedback.

Mark Pease                                     Mark.Pease at motorola.com
Motorola DigitalDNA(tm) Laboratories             perl at perl.sps.mot.com
2100 E. Elliot Rd.     Phone: (480) 413-3919     Mail Stop: AZ34 EL741
Tempe, AZ 85284        Pager: (800) 381-3304       Fax: (480) 413-7918
   Co-Author (with Carl Dichter) of "Software Engineering with Perl"