Phoenix.pm: Dan Sugalski speaking June 20th

Doug Miles doug.miles at bpxinternet.com
Thu May 30 20:05:39 CDT 2002

Dan Sugalski of Parrot fame will be giving his "Parrot Internals" talk
on June 20th.  This is part of a fund raising tour for The Perl
Foundation: http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=02/05/14/1757228

There will be a suggested donation of $50, however, it is not required.
    If you want to give more, or less, feel free.  If you are
unemployed, don't worry about it. :)  I'm not sure what time or where it
will be yet.  I'd like to get an idea of how many people are going to be
there to see if we can host it at Bowne.  Let me know if you plan to be
there.

Please let me know if you are aware of Python or Ruby group here in
town.  Bill, will you forward this to PLUG, to see if they have any
interest?  Have them RSVP to doug.miles at bpxinternet.com.

For those of you who don't know:

Parrot is a virtual machine used to efficiently execute bytecode for
interpreted languages - specifically, Perl 6, although we would like to
keep the door open for other languages in the future. As such, Parrot
will be the core of the Perl interpreter; it will be the target platform
to which Perl 6 code is compiled.

More info at:

http://www.parrotcode.org/